Our approach to your privacy boils down to doing the right thing. You should never feel surprised about the information we know about you or when we contact you. Every interaction should be valuable to both you and us. If you ever feel like the information we know about you is surprising, please let us know.
When it comes to being stewards of your information, we'll do the right thing and won't use your information without your permission. We strive to collect the least amount of information as possible. Information takes up space, and we like space.
Because you support us with your financial support, and our relationship with you helps us achieve our company vision. It's not good to anger people you're in a relationship with. That's bad for our business, our personal happiness, and helping spread kindness throughout the world.
1. Information we collect and why?
When you install Cheersly to your Slack workspace we collect information necessary for our Services to function. We also collect information if you give it to us.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Personalize your experience
- Better respond to your individual needs
- Operate and improve our Services
- Improve customer service
- Contact you
Here is what we collect and why:
- The number of people in your Slack workspace
- We use this for product functionality and internal reporting.
- Your name and/or display name
- To identify you in the product so we and people in your group can find you.
- Your avatar
- This is a picture you've chosen to represent yourself. It's collected from the picture you're using in your Slack workspace with Cheersly.
- Email address
- If you are an Admin, we may use your email to contact you regarding your product usage. This includes things like billing, troubleshooting, cancellation reason, and welcoming you to the product. We strive to send the least email possible. We would also contact individual users on your team if in case they have shared a feedback.
- In order to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our Service we only collect needed information, including; message, timestamp and where the message was located (e.g. channel name, channel workspace).
Unintentionally collected data
We do not intentionally collect Personal Data that may be contained in your messages. Personal Data in your messages belongs to you, and you are responsible for it, including complying with any regulatory controls regarding that data.
2. Where your information is stored and protections
Security and storage
- We use Heroku as hosting provider in the United States to store and protect your information. They are up to date and setup with the latest security standards and undergo recurring security assessments to protect your information.
3. Cookies and how we use them
Cookies are small files a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site.
4. Who has access to your information
Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the Services requested.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. An example is our payment processor. They use your email address and name to send you receipts for your payments.
5. How you can control your data
You can request for us to send, remove or modify any information about your account. To permanently remove your data, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will remove your data within 30 days of notice.
7. Changes to this policy
This policy is effective as of 1st January, 2021.